Catalyst is a Customer Success Platform (CSP) built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our founder built an effective Customer Success organization for one of the fastest growing cloud companies in the world. Whether our customers are managing a few large enterprises or hundreds of smaller accounts, Catalyst adapts to their workflow intelligently to help them build meaningful, human relationships.
As the first DevOps Engineer at Catalyst, you will help shape our infrastructure and build the foundation our team relies on for the rapid delivery of our product. We’ll rely on you to instill best practices for building scalable distributed systems, with an emphasis on observability and fault tolerance. Our stack consists of technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, and Docker, but we’re also open to using the best tool for the job.
If you thrive in an early startup environment, or are simply looking for more ownership and the ability to have a large impact, we would love to meet you.
- Collaborate with product managers and devs to automate our delivery process
- Manage our AWS infrastructure, with an emphasis on configuration as code
- Improve monitoring and work with devs to improve performance and reliability
- Help build our on-call policies and runbooks
- Participate in design reviews
- Take ownership of projects and demonstrate a high level of accountability
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining cloud infrastructure for distributed, production systems
- At least 1 year of experience as a backend engineer developing enterprise web applications
- Proficient in Bash, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools such Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Familiarity with the suite of AWS services
- Familiarity with administering Linux systems and networks
- Experience operating and tuning data stores such as Redis, PostgresSQL, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch
- Experience managing streaming infrastructure such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing startups in NYC
- 100% paid medical insurance coverage
- Personal Seamless account for free lunches and dinners
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Education stipend
- Commuter benefits
You! Yes, you.
We're looking for keyboard cowboys and cowgirls who can wrassle outlaws, I mean bugs, and ship premium software. Anyways. You know the drill. This isn't your first rodeo.